5 replies to this topic

#1 exterminate

exterminate

MinNewb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

Hey, I made an MNC paper wallet (M7uX9bX4AUCuYwmzHGZq6EkmVkbu1fXVSg) 2 months ago, it use to be visible but now I cannot locate it and have no idea what to do/ how to recover my funds. Any help would be much appreciated.

This was the old link: http://blockexplorer...q6EkmVkbu1fXVSg

There should be exactly 3000 MNC on that wallet.

#2 headzoo

headzoo

MNC Dev Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

You need the private key for the wallet to recover the coins. Having an address alone is meaningless.

#3 exterminate

exterminate

MinNewb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

I have the private key as well, I just cannot locate my wallet on the blockchain and I don't really know how to import it into the QT. I'm not sure what I need to type in the console, I tried using the help and typing the imortpriv key but it comes up with code errors like -4, -5 and I have no clue what they mean.

#4 LongAndShort

LongAndShort

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

I sent a coin to it, you should be able to see it now on the blockchain http://mnc.cryptoexp...q6EkmVkbu1fXVSg

The blockchain site you used before also is down and this one is its replacment

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
- Benjamin Franklin

#5 exterminate

exterminate

MinNewb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Problem resolved , thanks L&S and I had help from some others on mcxNOW :)

future reference for newbs: Make sure QT up to date, unencrypted wallet, blockchain up to date, wallet present on blockchain explorer, scan QR code and send to email, go to console and type importprivkey yourprivatekeyherewefikwekfkekke accountname. check balance :P

#6 headzoo

headzoo

MNC Dev Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Don't forget to unlock the wallet first if you have it password protected. You do that from the console using the command "walletpassphrase <your_password> <number_of_seconds_to_unlock>". Example "walletpassphrase s3cret 30".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users