Hello,

It has been a while since I have had the time to do any development with scrypt and after starting my Mincoin wallet again recently, I began to monitor the "SetBestChain" notifications in my debug.log.

If you care to follow along, look at height 595171 through 595199 for an example of our retargeting algorithm ineffeciencies.

During this period, the difficulty remained above 5 but afterwards, momentarily dropped to 2 and then multi-pools came along as can be seen from height 595498 to present.

This is pretty much what Mincoin looked like in April of 2014 when I had last commented on the promise of one minute blocks with SnowLeopard in #Mincoin on Freenode.

When the blocks are several hours between, the loyal miners are not rewarded.

When the difficulty algorithm finally retargets reasonably, the multi-pool miners take the money and run.

----------

This year, Kimoto's Gravity Well has been adapted to deal with the Time Warp vulnerability which has been used to attack various scrypt chains.

I would like to collaborate with other interested developers on the Testnet to evaluate a fork of our repository with KGW enhancements for the benefit of the greater Mincoin community.

----------

The Newbie's Guide to Kimoto's Gravity Well
https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/index.php?topic=893

Regarding Auroracoin TW exploit (Fix included)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552895

Kind Regards,
-Chicago

Hello,

It has been a while since I have had the time to do any development with scrypt and after starting my Mincoin wallet again recently, I began to monitor the "SetBestChain" notifications in my debug.log.

If you care to follow along, look at height 595171 through 595199 for an example of our retargeting algorithm ineffeciencies.

During this period, the difficulty remained above 5 but afterwards, momentarily dropped to 2 and then multi-pools came along as can be seen from height 595498 to present.

This is pretty much what Mincoin looked like in April of 2014 when I had last commented on the promise of one minute blocks with SnowLeopard in #Mincoin on Freenode.

When the blocks are several hours between, the loyal miners are not rewarded.

When the difficulty algorithm finally retargets reasonably, the multi-pool miners take the money and run.

----------

This year, Kimoto's Gravity Well has been adapted to deal with the Time Warp vulnerability which has been used to attack various scrypt chains.

I would like to collaborate with other interested developers on the Testnet to evaluate a fork of our repository with KGW enhancements for the benefit of the greater Mincoin community.

----------

The Newbie's Guide to Kimoto's Gravity Well

https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/index.php?topic=893

Regarding Auroracoin TW exploit (Fix included)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552895

Kind Regards,

-Chicago

I'm thinking it might just be easier to lower Diff adjustment from 60 blocks to 20 blocks. Necom and I have been discussing several ideas about updating the wallet again and I'm in the process of building a new site for MinCoin so we have some developement work currently on the table.

Also, I just bought a 30MH scrypt ASIC miner I will be putting on the network full time just to help out with current network stability issues. ;)

-ST

MinCoin, STILL Here! :ph34r:

BTW, I would be more than happy to give some bonus MinCoin to the smaller Loyal MinCoin miners.

I just need to see some proof that you are mining on the network ;)

• 2 years later...

All good things come to those who wait.

We have the improved diff adjustment in the pipeline for the Hard Fork coming up approximately September 28th.

The current 60 block linear adjustment has been replaced with Dark Gravity Wave v3 with a lookback over 60 blocks.

We've branded it as "SplashGuard" as it keeps us from getting soaked when the big miners dive into the pools and start driving up our difficulty.