What services do you want to be done in MNC?

sdf

Hi everybody,

I'm hoping to put together a group of people who want to launch start ups for the MNC economy. It is apparent to me that thanks to mcxNOW's success and the merits of the coin, MNC will be easy to business in and support.

So what services do you want to see? I just got a swanky new job, so I would like to put my money towards good use in hiring capable devs and market-makers to get this show rolling.

Here's what I think is a good starting point for MNC:

-Physical products (pizza delivery, grocery store drop shipping, etc)

-Information products (steam games, tutoring service)

-Financials (insurance, lending)

-Technology (FPGA development)

-Creative (game dev studio)

Feel free to add, thanks!

mycketbra, GREAT thread! :D

Some things I would like to see supported in the MinCoin Economy:

-Shared hosting plans payable in MinCoin

--Dedicated server hosting would be nice as well

-Ability to buy other (physical) commodities(gold & silver) with MinCoin

-Pre-Paid visa cards

-Ebay/bitmit type service

just to name a couple :)

mycketbra, GREAT thread! :D

Some things I would like to see supported in the MinCoin Economy:

-Shared hosting plans payable in MinCoin

--Dedicated server hosting would be nice as well

-Ability to buy other (physical) commodities(gold & silver) with MinCoin

-Pre-Paid visa cards

-Ebay/bitmit type service

just to name a couple :)

Hi Supertramp!

Yes that all sounds great, especially because most involve little overhead and quick expansion opportunities. The ones with more of a physical dependency (servers and hosting) would probably require us to track down someone who is doing it already with BTC. The rest require $$ (visa) and/or a few dedicated developers (ebay).

What is your opinion on the Visa cards specifically? In the US I think the tax situation for that business would be slightly confusing. I would buy the cards and pay sales tax on them, ship them to my "friends" as gifts who I happened to meet online through my site, and I just so happened to be paid in bits of data.

Do you think I would be required to pay "income tax" on the declared value of the coins if I end up exchanging them for BTC/USD?

-J

1 - simple gambling & dice games

2 - pay for VPS with MNC

3 - Ripple gateway issuing MNC IOUs

Would you like the VPS to keep no logs and to be hosted in a country with little legal framework with the USA? (aka dont end up like DPR?)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a slightly bigger fan of having some sort of merchant/goods service rather than gambling/dice sites for something like MinCoin.  I don't like the thought of gambling away my two coins per block ;)

What goods would you like to see? You should take a look at my somewhat detailed giftcard proposal in the Economy section. That is the easiest way I feel for people to buy virtually any good with MNC without someone having to take the risk of declaring a brick and mortar shop or online business

What goods would you like to see? You should take a look at my somewhat detailed giftcard proposal in the Economy section. That is the easiest way I feel for people to buy virtually any good with MNC without someone having to take the risk of declaring a brick and mortar shop or online business

I've been wanting to do some hard good sales via crypto, but I haven't thought out how to handle shipping/address issues.  People who use cryptos to buy stuff are a bit different crowd, I guess... aren't they?  I'd imagine it would be harder to do shipping to people who don't want you to know their address. Heh.

Maybe I should be asking if crypto-buyers are really anything much different for retail sales of mainstream goods.  Maybe it's just a non-issue.

I've been wanting to do some hard good sales via crypto, but I haven't thought out how to handle shipping/address issues.  People who use cryptos to buy stuff are a bit different crowd, I guess... aren't they?  I'd imagine it would be harder to do shipping to people who don't want you to know their address. Heh.

Maybe I should be asking if crypto-buyers are really anything much different for retail sales of mainstream goods.  Maybe it's just a non-issue.

I made a reply in another thread about this same topic, but I can probably expand a little more here.

In my opinion, the only thing keeping from sharing their physical address, which is presumably at or close to where they live, is how much they trust the website owners with their info. Obviously it depends on how low of a profile they need/want to have in their own personal lives, but the average cryptocoiner probably would give their address if the following criteria were met:

1) Great, reliable, affordable service that fulfills a need/desire.

2) Hard to find similar quality services elsewhere.

3) The person(s) providing that service encrypted their data, behaved respectfully and etc online.

I can't really think of why someone would give carte blanche trust to Silk Road but not to someone that aims to make a respectful attempt at furthering the community :)

a cool game shop would me nice

I wonder how hard it would be to get at the information for the recent Humble Bundles (www.humblebundle.com) since they accept BTC payments now.  For indie game devs, maybe some sort of crypto payment setup would be a nice option, I'd think.  

Takes a lot of work to manage all that stuff though, since it's not as easy to find "distributors" of indie stuff.  You have to juggle a ton of companies to sell games of any selection.  Still would be cool, though.

Now, if Steam would accept MNC... mmmm.  :)

I wonder how hard it would be to get at the information for the recent Humble Bundles (www.humblebundle.com) since they accept BTC payments now.  For indie game devs, maybe some sort of crypto payment setup would be a nice option, I'd think.  

Takes a lot of work to manage all that stuff though, since it's not as easy to find "distributors" of indie stuff.  You have to juggle a ton of companies to sell games of any selection.  Still would be cool, though.

Now, if Steam would accept MNC... mmmm.   :)

Imagine if someone used their fiat to make a crypto competitor to Steam by buying game licenses? Damn that would be huge.

FPGA would be sick, but I'm both excited and weary of the day when scrypt ASIC miners appear in force, as SHA-256 ASICs exist today.  I personally know several people who each own between 1 and 16 ASICs mining at ~500-600 GH/s (for SHA-256).  While I agree that video cards are just not efficient enough, that's only true if ASICs exist.  As soon as 10 people are running ASICs for one coin at 25,000KH/s each, the network hash rate will be so high that the difficulty will increase radically, which is why right now is such an important time to be smart with your GPU scrypt mining and what coins you pick.

But game dev would be awesome as well.  Any computer dev actually.